Aberdeen Proving Ground, MARYLAND
Primary Location:USA Aberdeen Proving Ground, Maryland
Schedule:Full-time, 0800-1600 (M-F)
The web developer is responsible for creating and maintaining a variety of websites or web-based applications to support help desk operations and information technologies teams.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Create, maintain, and enhance the functionality of large-scale websites and web-based applications.
- Determine technical requirements by analyzing customer needs.
- Work with teams to resolve issues, prioritize needs, develop criteria, and choose solutions.
- Write and evaluate code to ensure it meets industry standards, is valid, properly structured, and well documented.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum 3 years of professional experience developing websites or web applications.
- Strong working knowledge of modern HTML, CSS, and cross-browser compatibilities.
- Experience developing with PHP and SQL databases to create basic CRUD applications.
- Familiarity with web design best practices, concepts, and procedures.
- Good understanding of common web security vulnerabilities and how to prevent them.
- Ability to operate effectively with a high level of independence.
- Strong willingness to quickly explore and learn new skills.
- Strong technical writing and verbal communications skills.
- Able to obtain a CompTIA Security+ CE Certification.
- PHP OOP.
- MySQL Server.
- REST APIs and Web Services.
- Apache Web Server.
- Git and GitLab CI/CD.
- UI design and UX principles.