Washington DC, DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA
The Desktop Support Team is responsible for the support of 1,000+ customers with 1500+desktops
laptops, and mobile devices, plus the associated software licenses for standard products installed. The team handles
1,500 PC-related incidents per week.
Desktop Support Operations Team responsibilities:
- Undertakes routine installations and de-installations of items of software.
- Takes action to ensure targets are met within established safety and quality procedures, including, where appropriate, handover to the client.
- Conducts tests of software using supplied test procedures and diagnostic tools.
- Develops installation procedures and standards, and schedules installation work.
- Provides Technician guidance and advice to less experienced colleagues to ensure best use is made of available assets, and to maintain or improve the installation service.
Applications support responsibilities:
- Maintains application support processes, and checks that all requests for support are dealt with according to agreed procedures.
- Use application management software and tools to investigate issues, collect performance statistics and create reports.
- Manage incidents and service requests: (Improve productivity and minimize disruptions through expedient resolution of user queries and incidents):
- Lead, coordinate, and assign incidents and requests
- Be an escalation point and provide co-ordination and support for the Service Center during major incidents
- Work with other team leaders to resolve recurring incidents/requests.
- Ensure processes are carried out in accordance with approved standards or procedures:
- Record, classify and prioritize requests and incidents via phone and tool-set templates
- Identify and record incident symptoms, determine possible causes, and either resolve or assign for resolution.
- Ensure accurate documentation of incident resolution to facilitate knowledge base development and effectiveness.
- Verify with the affected users that the service request/incident has been satisfactorily fulfilled/resolved and then close.
Contribute to Service Improvement:
- Identify Service Center Team observations and recommendations to the Service Center Manager regarding:
- Identification of problems or recurring incidents
- Identification of trends in incident and service requests logged and input for consideration as projects, upgrades, or problem management
- Provide reports on call volume and incident trends within the Service Center and wider ITOSS Team.
- Contribute to Service Level reporting to Management.
- Lead team planning, decision making and service improvement activities
- Implement service improvement ideas.
- Contribute and encourage the development of information in ServiceNow Knowledge base to better support the Service Center Team
Bachelor’s Degree in related field
ITIL Foundations Certification highly desired