The Tier 1 Service Desk Technician – MID will support our federal government agency client by providing Tier-1 help desk support via telephone, self-service incidents/requests, ServiceNow Chat, and email for approximately 20 core business applications and full suite of office automation products on the Windows platform. Remote-access computing is supplied mainly through a virtual private network (VPN) and Citrix. Technicians will troubleshoot and resolve issues with laptop PCs, iPads, air cards, portable monitors, portable printers, portable scanners, laptop docking stations, desktop PCs, PC projectors, color Client LaserJet printers, personal LaserJet printers, flatbed scanners, large plotters, Canon high-speed scanning fax machines, iPhones, and Android mobile phones.
- Possess understanding of Microsoft operating systems.
- Have knowledge of commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) applications (such as Adobe Acrobat and the Microsoft Office suite), and networking.
- Ensure that tickets are submitted as soon as the contact is received and capture all the required customer and issue information outlined in the service desk SOP.
- Follow prescribed scripts for communicating with a customer during the call.
- Notify the customer of the steps that will be followed to troubleshoot the reported problem and, if possible, provide an approximate timeframe for problem resolution.
- Utilize the knowledge base to assist callers with issue resolution.
- Escalate, as appropriate, incidents or requests to the SD lead/manager, or higher tiers for resolution.
- Perform a warm transfer, wherever possible, of support incidents to the higher support tiers.
- Follow up with the customer to confirm that an incident or request has been satisfactorily resolved.
- Request his/her permission to close the incident or request.
- Update the relevant knowledge-base article, if necessary after closing the incident, to ensure its accuracy.
- If a KBA does not exist, work with the Service Desk manager to create one.
- Ability to obtain and maintain Public Trust clearance.
- United States Citizens or are lawful Permanent Resident Aliens (green card) with at least three or more years of U.S. residency from the date of legal entry in the U.S.
- Desired qualification CompTIA A + certification.
- 4 to 6 years' experience providing user support in a Service Desk Environment.
- Must have experience with a ticketing software ServiceNow, Remedy, etc.
- Must have Call Center experience Establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
- Work independently and has experience with knowledge base articles.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Experience servicing end users via chat interface.
- Candidate should have reliable transportation .
- CompTIA A+ Certification A.A. or B.S. in Information Technology or related field.