Joint Base Andrews, MARYLAND
A Telecommunications Specialist serves at ANG Readiness Center in support of Unified Capabilities to include Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) and Voice over Secret Internet Protocol (VoSIP) or Enterprise Classified Voice over Internet Protocol (ECVoIP) devices
The VoIP Specialist will support the design and configuration of user facility IT infrastructure to support voice and video. This includes layers 1 through 7 of the Open Systems Interconnection (OSI) Basic Reference Model for common user voice/video networks or layers 1 through 4 of the OSI Basic Reference Model. Telecommunications infrastructure includes fiber and Ethernet cabling up to the user desktop. Support for the design of the future network and telecommunications requirements includes telecommunications rooms (TR), network switches, servers, SANs, cable management systems and other network enhancements.
- Provides tier 1-3 support to Users Globally utilizing Cisco Call Manager 10.5.2 – 11.5, Cisco Unity 10.5.2 11.5, Avaya CM 4.0 and Avaya CM 6.0.
- Managed and Maintained Analog fax lines, Voicemails, Auto Attendants, Phone setup, and Alarms/Alerts.
- Provisioned and Supported Existing infrastructure of Cisco and Avaya Voice system.
- Update and close tickets. Documentation on tickets and track issues to completion in remedy and TMS.
- Provisioning of phone and user profiles, speed dials, name changes with CUCM, and voicemail on Unity Connection.
- Reviewed and validated understanding of customer design requirements as well as recommended process changes.
- Managed day-to-day client and internal service requests and documented all services performed.
- Maintain support documentation including support guides, knowledge base articles, procedures, and online customer information.
- Ability to complete complex projects and installations successfully within aggressive time frames and budget.
- Installation, configure and testing of VoIP stations (Jabber Client) on user desktops off of the Cisco CUCM.
- Analyze Problems with Telephony and Data Network equipment
- Programming of the IP telephones (Cisco IP 88XX, 7965, 7971, VIPER, Avaya 9621, 9641, 1120, and 1140) and connectivity to LAN network.
- Perform duties within Quality Assurance programs and customer survey process improvement programs.
- Participate in projects ranging from expansion of a single line card or trunk.
- Analyzes the current telephone and network infrastructure and identify gaps that would prevent the successful migration from the legacy voice system to a Cisco platform.
- Maintains and administers network infrastructure standards, documentation and fault tolerance.
- Perform telecommunications services for conferences and special events.
- Validates and coordinates all scheduled maintenance on Transport System.
- Perform/support Transport Services integration testing as required.
- Provide advice and technical guidance to installation systems personnel on automated data telecommunications systems, equipment procedures, and techniques.
- Knowledge of ONT Connections on Tellabs/Panorama preferred
Attention to Detail Demonstrates thoroughness and conscientious attention to detail.
Customer Service – Works with clients and customers to assess their requirements, provide information or assistance, explains the scope of available products and services; is committed to quality deliverables.
Written and Oral Communication – Expresses information effectively, makes clear and convincing written and oral presentations; listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues, and responds appropriately.
Problem Solving – Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations and resolve issue
- High School Diploma Required
- CompTIA, Security+ CE (Desired)
- Secret Clearance
Manual dexterity 100% of the time
Lifting up to 50 pounds 10% of the time
Carrying up to 85 pounds 5% of the time
Reaching 10% of the time
Standing 5% of the time
Sitting 10% of the time
Walking 60% of the time
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is required to walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, and reach with hands and arms.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Assurance, Information Systems, or other related scientific or technical discipline is preferred.
- Diploma from a technical or vocational school, work experience or industry certifications demonstrating technical proficiency may be substituted for education requirements.
- Must have three (3) to five (5) years of experience providing development, coordination, and implementation of telecommunications requirements.
Work is typically performed in an office setting involving everyday risks or discomforts requiring normal safety precautions. However, the position does require visiting work sites that may require the need for using special clothing or other protective gear.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
NOTE: These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work involved for this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of this job.