Fort Belvoir, VIRGINIA
The VoIP Specialist will support the design and configuration of user facility IT infrastructure to support voice and video. This includes layers 1 through 7 of the Open Systems Interconnection (OSI) Basic Reference Model for common user voice/video networks or layers 1 through 4 of the OSI Basic Reference Model. Telecommunications infrastructure includes fiber and Ethernet cabling up to the user desktop.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
The VoIP Specialist possesses knowledge of, and skill in applying:
- The utilization of Cisco Prime Collaboration Assurance and Cisco Prime Collaboration Provisioning to troubleshoot and configure CUCM equipment.
- Provided 1st, tier support to Users Globally utilizing Cisco Call Manager 10.5.2 – 11.5, Cisco Unity 10.5.2 – 11.5, Avaya CM 4.0 and Avaya CM 6.0.
- Managed and Maintained Analog fax lines, Voicemails, Auto Attendants, Phone setup, and Alarms/Alerts.
- Provisioned and Supported Existing infrastructure of Cisco and Avaya Voice system.
- Update and close tickets. Documentation on tickets and track issues to completion in remedy and TMS.
- Provisioning of phone and user profiles, speed dials, name changes with CUCM, and voicemail on Unity Connection.
- Support the lines for phones, elevators and fire/intrusion in all buildings
- Understanding blueprints and cabling projects
- Maintain and troubleshoot digital/analog/VoIP phones and lines
- Must know how to perform site telephone audits and cross connects
- Proficient with butt set, tone and probe, punch down and crimp tool.
- T1/PRI/DEMARC wiring extensions and circuit turn-ups
- Low Voltage Cabling (e.g., copper, fiber, coax)
- Diagnosis and repair of cabling, call quality issues, and POTS dial tone problems
- Cable Testing Experience installing 66 & 110 block with 25 pair cable Experience installing patch panels and cable pathway systems (cable trays, cable racks, j-hooks, d-rings) Installations will include dressing and routing of cable into telecommunications closets, modular furniture and other work area outlets Install, maintain, administer, and repair telecommunications equipment.
- Provide modifications on telecom systems and on the end-user devices to support users with moves, add's and changes
- Perform OEM specific Routine, Preventative, and Emergency maintenance on the Avaya and Callegra Messaging equipment.
- Prior experience setting and testing of telephone sets, installing new cable jacks, IDF cross connecting
- Working knowledge of CAT5E, CAT6 and Fiber installs (start to finish) including specialized test equipment and accurate record keeping
- Activation or deactivation of a phone jack with existing wiring Physical change to be performed between the main distribution frame ( "MDF ")and a single station Cross-connects on the existing wiring at the MDF or intermediate distribution frame( "IDF ")
- Troubleshooting skills on Avaya Communication Manager and associated hardware.
- Troubleshooting skills on Avaya Definity and associated hardware.
- Troubleshooting skills for service provider PRI circuits. Ability to isolate service provider issues.
- Avaya Intuity Audix installation & maintenance experience.
- Knowledge of Copper and Fiber Cable Standards.
- Review and validate understanding of customer design requirements as well as recommended process changes.
- Managed day-to-day client and internal service requests and documented all services performed.
- Maintain support documentation including support guides, knowledge base articles, procedures, inventories, and online customer information.
- Installation, configure and testing of VoIP stations (Jabber Client) on user desktops off of the Cisco CUCM.
- Analyze Problems with Telephony and Data Network equipment
- Programming of the IP telephones (Cisco IP 88XX, 7965, 7971, VIPER, Avaya 9621, 9641, 1120, and 1140) and connectivity to LAN network.
- Perform duties within Quality Assurance programs and customer survey process improvement programs.
- Participate in projects ranging from expansion of a single line card or trunk.
- Analyzes the current telephone and network infrastructure and identify gaps that would prevent the successful migration from the legacy voice system to a VoIP centric system.
- Maintains and administers network infrastructure standards, documentation and fault tolerance.
- Perform/support Transport Services integration testing as required.
- Strong knowledge of Structured Cabling Systems from an installation and basic design perspective
- Versed in BICSI rules, regulations, and standards
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High-school diploma or educational equivalent required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Assurance, Information Systems, or other related scientific or technical discipline is preferred.
- Diploma from a technical or vocational school, work experience or industry certifications demonstrating technical proficiency may be substituted for education requirements.
- Must have one (1) to three (3) years of experience providing development, coordination, and implementation of telecommunications requirements.
- BICSI Certification – Desired
Candidate must possess the following certifications in order to meet the DoD Information Assurance Technical (IAT) Level II Information Assurance (IA) Requirement:
Applicant must have and maintain at least one of the following Information Assurance (IA) certifications prior to beginning employment:
CompTIA, Security+ CE (Desired)
CISCO, Cisco Certified Network Associate – Security (CCNA-Security)
GIAC, Security Essentials Certification: (GSEC)
ISC2, System Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP)