Primary (must have) skills/experience we are seeking (*listed in the order of priority):
- Patching – Experience in and ability to run scans, identify and remediate vulnerabilities (on workstations, laptops, operating systems, and servers)
- ITSM Systems Administration (desired)
- The candidate will be responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure. This individual participates in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure. This individual ensures that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to organizational standards. Will serve as the primary point of contact for end users to receive support and maintenance within the organization's desktop computing environment.
- The candidate will need to work with an ITSM tool that will focus on ITIL Problem, Change, Incident, Asset, and Configuration Management. Responsibilities: Provide expertise in IT operations to include systems administration and management. Install new / rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
- Install and configure systems such as supports BMC Footprints Application. Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures. Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups. Perform daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up.
- Maintain operational, configuration, or other procedures. Perform periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning. Provide incident and problem resolution, change management and technical vendor management for a 24 x 7 production network consisting of three locations. Implement and maintain security controls / processes in accordance with NIST FISMA requirements and ISO 27000 standards Active Directory account maintenance. Administer Windows Server 2008/2012, IIS.
- Basic systems administration including user /ID setup, removal and maintenance across multiple applications Ensure security and upgrades are applied and kept up to date on desktops and laptops. Implement patches in accordance with the corporate patch management policies. Perform systems administration including user /ID setup, removal and maintenance across multiple applications Adhere to ITIL based disciplined process for introducing required changes within the Information Technology (IT) environment, follow ITIL based problem management policies and ITIL based Service Design requirements.
- Maintain IT Asset and Configuration Management processes and maintain configuration baselines; ensure accuracy of HW/SW inventory utilizing TELESIS systems. End User Support – Investigate user problems, identify their source, determine possible solutions, test and implement solutions. Configure, support and perform routine maintenance of hardware and software for desktops (PC/MAC/Laptop). Complete internal user moves including phones, laptops and other equipment. Imaging systems using Ghost or other imaging software. Excellent customer service and communication skills. Required Skills and Experience:
- ITSM tools with experience in processes for Service Requests, Incident, Change and Problem Management Active Directory User, Group and Permissions management, AD profile and login script setup and troubleshooting Desktop Support Experience with Windows Server 2008 and 2012 Ability to troubleshoot systems and applications to identify and correct malfunctions and other operational difficulties.
- Ability to be able to express and document IT related tasks policies, procedures, SOP, change and risk is a requirement. Ability to set up and configure laptops and servers Microsoft Office Suite installation and troubleshooting Install and maintain Client PC Software including encryption, anti-virus software and updates on Workstations laptops and systems End-User Helpdesk Support using Helpdesk Ticketing System and experience supporting End Users Some MS SharePoint 2013 Online Administration Database administration skills – SQL Server 2008/2012 – ability to create custom queries, work with stored procedures.
- Must be Clearable – Able to obtain and maintain and a Public Trust clearance
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Ability to set up and administer virtual machines is a plus
- ISO 20000, ISO 270001 is a plus
- Technical writing Knowledge of VoIP implementation and support
Desired Education and Certifications:
- Bachelor's in computer science or equivalent work experience
- CompTIA A+, ITILv3, VMware, Microsoft certifications