Clearance Required: Top Secret / SCI
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
The System Engineer will support and enhance the automated testing environment with government approved tools, protocols and documentation required to ensure successful user and non-user facing testing for the DCGS-SOF program of record which will augment existing testing processes and protocols. The goal is to rapidly collaborate and integrate with the existing DCGS-SOF SQA teams to ensure comprehensive test environments are operational. Test environments may include systems at an unclassified development facility and the DCGS-SOF secure lab facility. Networks may include development and production systems on NIPR, SIPR and JWICS.
Personnel will be required to collaborate and integrate with the existing testing teams in order to perform the following test functions:
- Support the review and enhancement of system integration tests
- Create automated functional tests using appropriate tools
- Evaluate system performance and work with development teams to identify and resolve bottlenecks
- End-to-End system load testing and reporting as defined by the government
- Support integration of automated tests within the Continuous Delivery Framework for new releases
Strong candidates will possess experience with the following:
· Support of the VMWare virtual environment
· Support a Cisco based UCS
· Support and maintenance of an EMC based storage environment
· Support and monitoring of backup and data protection environments
· Perform analysis, capacity planning, and performance planning of all compute components
· Design systems that proactively monitor health and performance of systems and infrastructure.
· Perform daily monitoring of the compute environment
· Identify and resolve performance issues in compute and virtualization environments
· Research new technologies, recommend enhancements and configuration changes to improve and optimize the compute environment
· Interface with users, external vendors, and customers as necessary
· Coordinate and collaborate with other Information Technology teams
· Document policies and procedures to support the compute environment and participate in the design and ongoing refinement of procedures and policies
· Ability to work on a project team Desirable
· IT certifications such as VCP and CCNA Data Center
· Knowledge of networking, Ethernet, TCP / IP and remote communications.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Experience in high-availability, fast-paced environments
- Top Secret / SCI