Aberdeen Proving Ground, MARYLAND
The Sr. Security Engineer performs the key role in the identification, analysis, evaluation, life-cycle management and adoption of security technologies. The Sr. Security Engineer is a key consultant regarding security features of technologies in the corporate environment, working closely with other security functions to ensure that there is coordination with their activities in technology choices. The Security Architect will work closely with the overall architecture group whose role is focused on improving decision-making through collaboration with management, staff on technology strategy, enterprise architecture, and strategic technology.
- Maintain currency of knowledge with all IA-applicable DoD / DISA / NIST and Army regulations, instructions and orders as they pertain to the BGN network.
- Act in an advisory role in application development and acquisition to assess security requirements and controls; To ensure that security controls are implemented as planned.
- Create and publish security policies that incorporate all facets of the DoD / DISA / Army policy structure, and are directly applicable to the network environment specifically.
- Provide analytical and technical security recommendations to other team members, vendors (ViaSat, Comtech), other programs who are utilizing the network (GCCS-A, S2MC, DDS, C2R, C2IVM, Hosted Webservers), and the government.
- Identifies requirements, based upon need or as the result of a security issue that puts government systems at risk.
- Provide analytical and technical security recommendations for third-party hosting. This includes system risk analysis, data profiling, vulnerability testing and provide consultation of security safeguards to accommodate the new systems.
- Provide SME / briefing / technical writing services to DoD Information Assurance personnel for all DoD / DISA / Army security policies, instructions and programs, to include (but not limited to) HBSS / IPS / ACAS / SIEM and their current deployment status.
- Provide penetration testing in advance of test events and outside audits; Supervise and provide active protect, detect, react and respond (PDRR) functions, as well as active and passive computer network defense (CND) services during test and evaluation activities.
- Serve as the IA / Cybersecurity Subject Matter Expert (SME), by staying abreast of business and industry technologies and trends; ensure security standards are kept.
- Ascertain new and older non-IAVA released vulnerabilities as they pertain to MCSC network devices, servers and websites. Remediate/Mitigate and document as found.
- Provide mentoring and technical leadership to the IASAE and IAT Level I and II personnel, coordinate and supervise appropriate IT staff to implement solutions which will meet or exceed government expectations and design, publish, and uphold standards for monitoring critical security indicators in the BGN Network Operations Center.
- Research and recommend tools to help manage security analysis, process, and risk. Design, develop, and supervise implementation of specific IA countermeasures for the enclave.
- Design security standards, methodology framework, and monitors for risks and/or effectiveness; Evaluate and acquire technology to automate security monitoring.
- Act as SME to provide support and analysis during and after security incidents, to ascertain the scope of incident and apply an Incident Response Plan and be the primary POC when needed.
- Facilitate Ports, Protocols and Services (PPS) requests for the enterprise and tactical networks, to include third-party hosted organizations. Instruct and guide internal and hosted entities in the documents needed, process used, and provide assistance.
- Provide assessment and authorization (A&A) services to the management as a whole, applying and quantifying the Risk Management Framework (RMF), with the CNSSI 1253 overlay for National Security Systems. Maintain POA&M documentation as needed to achieve constant ATO state.
- Create, review and maintain the Disaster Recovery Plan and enact plan as manager when warranted.
- Enhances security team accomplishments and competence by planning delivery of solutions; Answering technical and procedural questions for less experienced team members, teaching improved processes, and mentoring team members.
- Determines security requirements by evaluating Government business strategies and requirements; researching information security standards; conducting system security and vulnerability analyses and risk assessments; studying architecture/platform; identifying integration issues; preparing cost estimates.
- Ensuring security systems intrusion detection methodologies and equipment are current; while preparing preventive and reactive measures; creating, transmitting, and maintaining keys and providing technical support; completing documentation.
- Verifies security systems by developing and implementing test scripts.
- Maintains security by monitoring and ensuring compliance to standards, policies, and procedures; conducting incident response analyses; developing and conducting training programs.
- Identifying security gaps; evaluating and implementing enhancements.
- Prepares system security reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends.
- Updates job knowledge by tracking and understanding emerging security practices and standards; Participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, and participating in professional organizations.
- Secret Clearance/Clearable up to Top Secret
- Proven Skill in Cisco Security Services (Firepower, FireSight, Client, WSA); Host Based Security Systems and Assured Compliance Assessment Solution.
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in Information Assurance / Cybersecurity.
- Qualified and Appointable at the IAM or IASAE levels.
- Deep knowledge of Computer Network Defense (CND) tactics, techniques and procedures.
- The candidate must have a car and a valid driver’s license, as this position requires after hour support.
- Must demonstrate a "can-do attitude.
- Experience in enterprise server environment.
- Core Hours: Monday – Friday; 0800 – 1630
- On-Call Requirements: Yes