Washington, DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA
The Sr. Database Administrator will be responsible for managing and supporting the Oracle database platforms, working closely with the client stakeholders, technical operations groups, application support teams, technical support team, and other oracle database administrators.
They should be able to recognize areas for improvement in the Oracle platform; take appropriate action to initiate changes; install, configure, upgrade, and maintain database instances; recommend and implement database security policies; recommend and implement database backup, recovery, and redundancy strategies; implement automated monitoring to ensure proactive handing of issues;
The DBA will be the bridge between the infrastructure team and the Clients on issues relating to the database infrastructure;
They should be able to work independently to perform database performance analysis, capacity planning, system sizing and ongoing maintenance; recommend best practices and perform other tasks assigned by the supervisor. The activities will include, but are not limited to:
- Monitor, troubleshoot and configure the Oracle databases and infrastructure
- Work with Oracle 12c RAC environment, Oracle 12c features
- PL/SQL, SQL tuning, triggers, stored procedures, third-party tools, and transaction monitoring
- Implement Oracle standby database server deployments, architecture, configuration, implementation, operations, and management
- Deploy Oracle ASM and troubleshooting ASM related issues.
- Building, maintaining, and communicating data dictionary for all data elements
- Physical and logical database design
- Perform both Oracle and operating system performance monitoring and the necessary adjustments
- Knowledge of Oracle real-time replication, backup and recovery scenarios
- Migrating code, database changes, data and menus through the various stages of the development lifecycle
- Migrations of programs, database changes, reference data changes and menu changes through the development life cycle
- Perform reviews to ensure standards are being adhered to Evaluates releases of Oracle and its tools and third-party products
- Apply patches including but not limited to Critical Patch Updates (CPU), Patch Set Updates (PSU), and One-Off Patches, Interim patches, DST, and Patch sets.
- Conducts performance tuning of indexes and optimization of storage functionality
- Reviews database design and integration of systems
Should have good exposure to Weblogic / Fusion Middle ware.
Experience of Service Now and Solar-winds will be plus.
Experience with UNIX shell scripting for automatinf regular data loading and other database maintenance activities- strongly desired
ITIL Certification- strongly desired
Must be US Citizen
Education and Certifications:
BS or MS in computer science or information systems field of study
• 6+ yrs experience in database administration
• Oracle DBA Certification- Required
• Fusion Middleware (preferred)