Joint Base Andrews, MARYLAND
Job Location: Joint Base Andrews, Camp Springs, MD 20762
Travel Required: No
Overtime Required: No
Position Type: Full-time
Clearance: Must have active DoD Secret clearance, Top Secret preferred
- Leads a team of six personnel providing Information Assurance and Cyber security services to the ANGRC campus and alternate site servicing over 1300 customers.
- Information Security Engineers /Analysts monitors information system activity; collect, review, and retain & audit logs to include system logs and records and determine actions to be taken when discrepancies are detected.
- Collect and review audit data of network activity to support technical analysis relating to misuse, penetration reconstruction, or other security investigations.
- Perform analyses to validate established security processes and recommend additional security steps to ensure compliance with applicable DOD IA requirements and baseline IA controls.
- Conduct network vulnerability scans with the Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS) to identify risks and formulate a plan for mitigation
- Review Information Assurance Vulnerability Alerts (IAVA) for applicability and impact to the range networks.
- Ensure that all systems are patched and report compliance or problems in achieving compliance to the cybersecurity manager.
- Must be familiar with DISA Applications Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs); evaluate information systems for compliance with these STIGs and review measures needed to bring systems into compliance.
- Verify all automated and manual vulnerability scans are documented, scheduled and completed.
- Assist in evaluation of Information Systems for compliance with Government statutes, DoD 8500.2 IA and/or NIST 800-53 Controls, and other appropriate AF policies and regulations.
- Assist in the documentation, review, and assessment of RMF packages including System Identification Profiles, RMF Implementation Plans, Scorecards, POAMs, DIACAP Artifacts, and IA (Information Assurance) Controls. Update/maintain POAMs order to track the resolution of vulnerabilities identified on systems and not closed by other means.
- Ensure IA requirements are identified and included in the design, acquisition, installation, operation, upgrade, or replacement of network capabilities.
- Ensure compliance is met for all TEMPEST areas in buildings 3500/3501 that process SIPR meets separation requirements
- Must be able to work in a dynamic environment and effectively interact with various military/civilian personnel plus industry partners.
- Must have knowledge of larger networks and AF Gateways and DoD, GiG, and DoD security architectures administration as required.
- Risk Management Framework process experienced
- IAT Level II Certification (Security+)
- 10 Years' experience performing network security support
- High School Diploma Required
- BS in Computer Science
4+ years of Cybersecurity experience can be used in place of a BS degree.