PURPOSE of POSITION:
The Service Desk Representative provides technical product support to customers via inbound/escalated calls, emails, chat, etc., by handling inquiries and troubleshooting complex technical product-related issues. The Service Desk Representative investigates issues and concerns by reviewing initial support notes and gathering additional information from customer. The Service Desk Representative updates the tracking system of incident logs and may convey customer feedback to management. The Service Desk Representative escalates extremely technical or sophisticated issues to the next level up or as high as management. The Service Desk Representative is an entry-Level position within this field. The Service Desk Representative conducts routine tasks as directed and is closely supervised with little latitude for independent judgment. The Service Desk Representative requires the ability to listen, analyze, document, resolve and/or escalate issues while providing excellent customer service skills to end users in the medical community.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- 70%: Provides first line support for system based access issues and reporting questions through the use of phone, email and chat. This involves explaining procedures, providing information and answering questions related to relevant lines of business. Heavy phone work.
- 20%: Monitors tickets that are assigned and process based on priority. Customer follow up may be needed.
- 10%: Maintains knowledge of all service tasks and lines of business.
HS Graduate or GED
Related Work Experience: 0-2 years
- Minimum of one year of customer service experience
- Must be able to multi-task by using multiple systems and typing 35-40 WPM, while talking on the phone
- Ability to independently research and troubleshoot issues.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to work overtime as needed
- New Hires must be available to work a variety of shifts between the hours of 7:00 A.M – 7:00 P.M
- Previous Service Desk or Call Center experience
- Healthcare background
- Associate’s Degree SCOPE of POSITION:
This position is an individual contributor and has no supervisory responsibilities. Provides functional expertise through day-to-day work tasks. Works under the supervision of managementApply