Senior Windows Desktop Engineer III
- Support customers on complex technical issues including problems related to enterprise networks, servers and workstations.
- Respond to requests and inquiries from users and field support representatives within the pre-determined timeframe of our service level expectations.
- Investigate and resolve problems installing software as a result of complex environmental variables including VMWare and Windows Server.
- Identify solutions to work around open issues / problems that are under investigation or pending resolution
- Document, and track, case histories, issues, and actionable steps taken.
- Improve documentation of support policies and procedures
- Provided technical support training to other team members
- Provide accurate, detailed and timely responses to problems and queries.
- Provide technical guidance and assistance to customers in troubleshooting, identifying, and resolving system and interface problems.
- Review installation documentations to verify Server Deployment success, and document recommended changes.
- Maintain detailed trouble ticket information using the existing Network Operations Center process database, assign proper severity levels, updating steps taken and issue resolution.
- Strong written, oral, and presentation skills
- Knowledge of standard hardware and software systems
- Knowledge of basic networking concepts and terminology
- Previous experience troubleshooting application-related problems
- Ability to install and verify software package installations
- Knowledge of information systems concepts and terminology
- Knowledge of online technical resources and ability to access same
- Strong analytical skills
- Working knowledge of Visio and MS Office
- Basic knowledge of Linux, SQL, DC and MS Exchange
- Strong analytical skills and ability to provide configuration management services on a dynamic changing program
|Education (state required or preferred)
- Bachelor s Degree (in Computer Science or related field) or equivalent, and 8 – 12 years of related experience
|Security Clearance and Citizenship Requirements
Help Desk Supervisor
Desktop Support Engineer, INT
Fort Belvoir, VIRGINIA
Joint Base Andrews, MARYLAND