Andrews AFB, MARYLAND
Joint Base Andrews, MD
Schedule: 0800-1700 (M-F)
Telesis Corporation is sourcing for a Senior Network Support Specialist in support of the ANGRC IT Services Contract (AITSC). This contract will provide IT engineering, operations, maintenance, customer service, and training services to support the ANGRC and alternate locations which are classified and within one day travel of ANGRC. The contractor is responsible for ensuring the ongoing availability and effectiveness of ANGRC IT services to the end users across the campus. This requirement also encompasses support of services in the event of a Continuity of Operations (COOP) activation or exercise.
Provide support for the following ANGRC networks:
- Commercial networks such as Verizon, Comcast, AT&T, and others the Government may contract with during the performance period
- ANGRC Unclassified network (NIPRNet)
- ANGRC Secret network (SIPRNet)
- Separate standalone networks such as Public Affairs, building security or training suites
- Responsible for the daily administration of the local and wide area networks that support ANGRC services
- For ANGRC NIPR and SIPR physical and virtual networks:
- Provide predictive problem isolation to support IT operations consistent with the level of technology in the infrastructure.
- Monitor the IT environment for any security related incident (malicious code, mishandled passwords, unauthorized exposure of classified information, etc.).
- Monitor and maintain an awareness of the environmental conditions of the IT server room. Anomalies (i.e., temperature, humidity, water, dust, etc.) shall be reported to the designated Government agent IAW the BASS and as conditions warrant.
- Execute safe and appropriate action to prevent damage and to protect the IT infrastructure.
- Maintain day-to-day insight into workflow activities and, as required, notify, and escalate more complex issues to the service delivery manager.
- Support the integration and testing of system hardware and software that will integrate or replace current IT systems such as but not limited to NIPR, SIPR, Protective Distribution System, Access Controls Systems, Video Monitoring Systems, Wireless Access systems, Gigabyte Passive Optical Network system, and Telecommunication systems with Government identified personnel.
- Support the reprioritization of projects and assignments in support of exercises, VIP visits, contingencies, real world events, and special projects.
- Manage and maintain identified system components (hardware, software, and network) to meet critical and non-critical mission requirements IAW the BASS.
- Monitor ANGRC networks and systems and initiate requests needed to provide appropriate equipment spares.
- Replace obsolete components or non-supported equipment based on Government direction.
- Track and report consumption usage of spare and repair parts.
- Perform operations and security for all network hardware and software associated with the ANGRC networks, including performing software and firmware patching and updates for all network equipment.
- Manage, operate, maintain, and administer network components to meet operational, availability, and mission requirements.
- Implement and document procedures to manage, maintain, and administer the network components, to meet operational, availability, and critical and non-critical mission requirements based on industry best standards.
- Implement load and performance analysis and monitoring to:
- Identify potential problem areas
- Provide assistance in devising targeted metrics to assess network performance on an ongoing basis
- Assist in capacity planning
- Eliminate bottlenecks in the network.
- Provide interoperability with external networks.
- Ensure availability IAW the BASS.
- Perform IP address management through Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) and Domain Name Server (DNS) services.
- Perform switching and routing table configuration.
- Diagnose and quickly resolve network connectivity issues
- Expand or modify network infrastructure to serve new purposes or improve work flow
- Test and maintain network infrastructure including software and hardware devices
- Produce detailed network diagrams accurately depicting network architecture
- Document and report all network changes
- Maintain required IA baseline and computing environment (CE) certifications in compliance with DoD 8750 IAT Level III
Security Clearance: Secret
- Required: Active IAT III Certification (CASP CE, CCNP Security, CISA, CISSP, GCED, GCIH)
- Required: Network Administrator certification or equivalent
- 4-7 years of experience
Additional Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or other relevant technical discipline preferred
- Knowledge of IT security principles and methods, such as firewalls, demilitarized zones, and encryption
- Knowledge of remote access technology concepts
- Knowledge of Voice over IP (VoIP)
- Knowledge of web filtering technologies
- Skill in analyzing network traffic capacity and performance characteristics
- Skill in configuring and utilizing hardware-based computer protection components (e.g., hardware firewalls, servers, routers, as appropriate)
- Skill in configuring and utilizing network protection components (e.g., Firewalls, VPNs, network intrusion detection systems)
- Skill in implementing, maintaining, and improving established network security practices
- Skill in installing, configuring, and troubleshooting LAN and WAN components such as routers, firewalls, and switches
- Skill in securing network communications
- Skill in using network management tools to analyze network traffic patterns (e.g., simple network management protocol)