Aberdeen Proving Ground, MARYLAND
Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD
Clearance Requirement: Secret
Shift Work: Yes
On- Call Requirements: No
Core Hours: 8-4 pm/M-F
The Security Engineer supports complex systems and networks. Strong team and leadership skills are essential to enable meeting project goals on time and with quality. They engineer, deploy, and adequately document security measures to monitor and protect sensitive data and systems from infiltration and cyber-attacks. This position will work closely with Information Assurance and Security Management systems and reports to the Security Architect and the Project Manager.
Responsibilities and Duties
- +/- 1 year experience as a qualified security analyst
- The Contractor shall support services for security devices supporting connections to the MCSC networks.
- Knowledge of Common Network Terminology
- Knowledge of TCP/IP Addressing and Routing
- Supports vulnerability management and identification program and continuous monitoring for certification & accreditation.
- Supports the technical analysis of vulnerability data and recommendations for remediation for OS, Web, Database, Network and others; supporting vulnerability mitigation activities
- Performs the daily engineering operations for vulnerability scanning tools and supporting infrastructure.
- Basic understanding in defending attacks utilizing security technologies
- Common Operating System security (Windows and Linux security, at minimum)
- During team meetings, take clear notes, participate and listen attentively
- Create documents on day to day procedures and find ways to refine those procedures when needed.
- Communicate in a clear, concise and logical manner when a problem arises to team members. Be able to document the problem with the necessary troubleshooting steps taken to remediate it for future reference.
- Perform Patch and Vulnerability Management tasks as assigned.
- Knowledge of the general principles and tenets of Information Security.
- Demonstrates continuous effort to improve operational performance, streamline work processes and work cooperatively and jointly to provide quality, seamless customer service.
- Perform other administrative and support functions as needed.
- Must have flexible schedule, as this is a 24/7/365 operation
Required Skills and Qualifications
Security Clearance: Secret
- ACAS, WSUS, VMware, Endpoint Protection
- Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access
- Good Communication, Leadership and Problem Solving Skills
- Engineering of Security Appliances / Technologies:
- Network Intrusion Detection Systems (NIDS)
- Network Intrusion Prevention Systems (NIPS)
- Security Event and Incident Management (SEIM)
- Web Security Appliances (WSA)
- Security+ CE certification
- CE|H required.
- Must currently possess or obtain the following certifications within the first 6 months:
- Associate of ISC2 or CASP
- The candidate must have a car and a valid driver’s license, as this position requires after hour support
- Must demonstrate a "can-do attitude