Aberdeen Proving Ground, MARYLAND
Clearance Requirement: Secret
Shift Work? Yes
On- Call Requirements Yes
Core Hours: Shifts between 0600-2200 M-F
We are looking for an entry level Security Compliance Administrator to provide support in a 24/7 help desk environment. The Security Compliance Administrator will monitor and provide reports for maintaining the security posture of the Mission Command Support Center. Candidates should have experience with hardening and maintaining security posture of Windows and UNIX environments utilizing DoD approved tools to include McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator (ePO), Nessus, McAfee or Symantec Anti-Virus, and Windows Security Update Service (WSUS).
- Answering calls for service to the Help Desk.
- Troubleshooting issues with HBSS as appropriate and as assigned.
- Skill to properly modify HBSS tools in the tactical environment and sufficient situational awareness to know when escalation is necessary.
- Reviewing events and logs on the ePO server for the PEO Endpoints (machines).
- Escalating events, alerts, and logs for further analysis.
- Reporting from ePO, as directed.
- Create firewall exclusions based on operational need.
- Configure, deploy, and maintain Host Base Security System (HBSS) also known as McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator (ePO)
- Configure, deploy and maintain ACAS servers.
- Montitor and maintain LogRythm server
- Detachable media duplication/transfer/purge methods and procedure knowledge.
- Approving Windows updates on the local WSUS server
- Maintaining a up to date and DoD compliant Software repository to be used with automated Software Dispersal systems.
- Updating ACAS plugins and feeds per DoD standards
- Familiarization DISA software distribution methods
Desired Skills & Experience:
The candidate must have an active DoD Secret Clearance or the ability to obtain and hold a DoD Secret Clearance. The candidate should possess a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Information Security, Computer Science or other related fields. Two (2) years direct experience in the field can be subsisted for educational experience.
The candidate should have the following specialized certification(s):
- DISA HBSS 201 Certification (must be obtained within the first 90 days)
- Must be DoD 8570 IAT Level II Certified with Security+ CE (must be obtained within the first 90 days)
- Other security certifications are a plus
Other experience desired:
- Experience configuring systems to Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIG) standards
- Experience with virtual platforms
- Create custom Firewall policies and work with Cyber Security teams to identify, configure, and apply host based IPS signatures to protect against zero-day threat
- Experience supporting 24X7 production environments
- Understanding of network and application architecture and concepts.