Fort Belvoir, VIRGINIA
Department: Fort Belvoir RNEC-Client
Reports To: Server Support Group Lead
Clearance: Minimum SECRET/SSBI required
The SCCM Engineer will have experience with existing and emerging technologies to manage and extend SCCM to multiple manufactures of PCs laptops and servers running Windows, all from a single management console. Candidates should have an understanding of software distribution and patch management as well as building and deploying software packages to workstations. Extensive knowledge of Windows operating system patching, enterprise class desktop hardware and software such as Windows 10. The ideal candidate will also have experience in delivering IT baselines to remote locations with limited network bandwidth.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
The SCCM Engineer will support the Government in systems administration. Primary focus may include the following:
- Support the creation and deployment of customized packages to meet operational requirements and remediate security vulnerabilities. Customized reporting capability will be required to provide enhanced insight into the operational environment to improve decision-making and life-cycle management
- Remediate all security vulnerabilities on all servers, desktops and infrastructure devices to meet security and operational requirements
- Analyze system requirements and assists in the design and development activities
- Interact with the Government regarding Systems Engineering technical considerations and for associated problems, issues or conflicts
- Responsible for the technical integrity of work performed and deliverables associated with the Systems Engineering area of responsibility
- Communicate with other program personnel, government overseers, and senior executives
- Apply proven communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to help identify, communicate, and resolve issues in order to maximize the benefit of IT systems investments
- Complete technical documentation to design, test, implement, train, and transition solutions to operational support
- Serve as Tier III system support for operational systems as required
- Participates in special projects as required
Candidate’s knowledge should be sufficient to:
- Scripting experience preferred (Batch, WMI, VBScript, PowerShell)
- Windows, Active Directory and Virtualization experience
- Advanced experience designing, implementing and managing high availability/ clustering and disaster recovery environments
- Supports establishment of plans and templates in line with the overall technical architecture format and program infrastructure platform
- Ability to plan, manage time according to schedules, and provide timely status updates
- Ability to quickly learns new tools and resolves issues using all available resources
- VMware & Hyper-V infrastructure troubleshooting experience
- Hands on experience with tiered storage, replication, DR, and snap shot technologies.
- Working knowledge of integrated converged stack infrastructure & hyper convergence stacks
- Working knowledge of networking protocols and components including TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, IP Networking VPN’s, switching, and routing
- Attention to Detail – Demonstrates thoroughness and contentious attention to detail;
- Customer Service – Works with clients and customers to assess their requirements, provide information or assistance, explains the scope of available products and services, is committed to quality deliverables;
- Oral Communication – Expresses information effectively, listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues, and responds professionally;
- Problem Solving – Identifies problems, determines accuracy and relevance of information, uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, makes recommendations and resolve issues.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High-school diploma or educational equivalent is required: Diploma from a technical or vocational school or an equivalent military/DoD training;
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Assurance, Information Systems, or other related scientific or technical discipline is preferred;
- Work experience or industry certifications demonstrating technical proficiency may be substituted for education requirements;
- Three (3) to Five (5) or more years of progressive experience providing SCCM implementation, troubleshooting, and maintenance support in a Windows server farm environment.
Candidate must possess the following certifications in order to meet the DoD Information Assurance Technical (IAT) Level II Information Assurance (IA) Requirement:
Applicant must have and maintain at least one of the following Information Assurance (IA) certifications prior to beginning employment:
CompTIA, Security+ ce (Desired)
CISCO, Cisco Certified Network Associate Security (CCNA-Security)
GIAC, Security Essentials Certification: (GSEC)
ISC2, System Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP)
Higher certifications that meet IAT III requirements are also acceptable. (Must be approved and verified by management.)
Applicant must also have at least one of the following Computing Environment (CE) certifications within 180 days from his/her start date:
Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS), Administering and Deploying Systems Center 2012 Configuration Manager (Desired)
Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE), Server Infrastructure
- Manual dexterity 80% to 100% of the time
- Lifting up to 25 pounds 15% of the time
- Carrying up to 25 pounds 15% of the time
- Reaching 25% of the time
- Standing 25% of the time
- Sitting 50% of the time
- Walking 25% of the time
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is required to walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The Systems Administrator II will provide all levels of technical support in system administration for both unclassified and classified systems on a 24 hour, 7 day a week basis, as needed.
NOTE: These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work involved for this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of this job.