Fort Lee, VIRGINIA
Location: Fort Lee, VA
PURPOSE of POSITION:
This position manages the daily operations and work of the Tier 1 helpdesk. The PM must be able to work independently as well as with peers. Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, are a must. The successful candidate will have a track record of working well with peers and leadership inside and outside IT.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
” Responsible for leading and directing all Service Desk activities Tier 1, knowledge management, incident management, service request coordination, training and quality control
- Ensures that all help desk activities delivered are with highest level of quality and ensures that all service levels are met in accordance with program performance objectives
- Conducts daily trending and reviews to ensure the contracted service levels are being achieved, implement real-time resourcing / process changes to meet unexpected spikes in contacts.
- Coordinates the planning and execution of all contract activities and reviews the work of subordinates to ensure that schedule, standards, and reporting responsibilities are met.
- Responsible for ensuring communication takes place both upwards and downwards across areas of responsibility
- Promptly respond to inquiries and data calls, establish and maintain a strong rapport and communications with all stake holders.
- Ensures the team is staffed and trained adequately and appropriately with qualified personnel
- Identifies, prioritizes, and mitigates all program risks
- Responsible to ensure all contractual performance requirements, AQLs, CDRLs and other requirements are met
- Develop Status Reports, Staffing Plan, SLA Reports
- Supervises team made up of exempt and non-exempt staff
- Ensures staffing levels are appropriate to provide service and meet deadlines of position
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and coordinating training for employees;
- Responsible for planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance of direct reports
- Coordinates continuous training for all Help desk staff
- Maintain individual team metrics and use results to help develop individuals and improve team performance. Establish a cycle of continuous service improvement with measurable improvement targets. Establish minimum acceptable quality goals for the team.
- Support team retention targets and program
- Provides staff leadership, direction, supervision, training and development.
- Communicate regularly with staff through group meetings and individual sessions; ensure issues/input from team is listened to and that organization/department strategy/goals/decisions are communicated consistently and in a timely manner.
Qualifications / Requirements:
“ Clearance level required: Must have fully adjudicated Public Trust level clearance or higher
- IAT Level II certified (Security +)
” ITIL V3 experience, Foundation certification preferred
- Minimum 3-5 years of program management experience monitoring, auditing and providing feedback in a fast-paced Service Desk environment is required
- Minimum 3 years experience leading a team of 25 30 Tier 1 technicians
” Strong knowledge and experience using ticketing systems and other Service Desk tools
- Experience with Knowledge Management database supporting a service desk environment
” Outstanding customer service skills and dedication to providing world-class customer care
” Must possess excellent problem solving, coaching and handling skills
” Demonstrable knowledge of quality control methodologies and evaluation tools
” Strong analytical skills with an ability to draw conclusions from data is needed
” Knowledge of MS tools-Intermediate level (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
” Ability to multi-task and successfully operate in a fast-paced, evolving team environment.
” Excellent verbal, written and listening skills
” Bachelors’ degree preferred