Aberdeen Proving Ground, MARYLAND
Primary Location:USA Aberdeen Proving Ground, Maryland
Schedule:Full-time, 0800-1700 EST
The Quality Professional will be responsible for configuration and patching of networking and security devices. They will also actively participate in BFT Lab configuration, JBC-P/JCR testing, and documentation creation.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Hold active US Government Secret clearance
- High School diploma required; prefer Associate’s Degree or higher
- Military background preferred
- Good team player, facilitator and leader
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Self-Starter with a high level of personal accountability
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Available for occasional travel
- Thorough understanding of and ability to use System Engineering processes
- Adept use of the Microsoft office Suite
- Linux experience preferred
- Understand/Analyze network topologies and signal flow
- Cisco CCNA required
- Comptia Security+ CE required
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Test and maintain network infrastructure including software and hardware devices.
- Produce detailed network diagrams accurately depicting network architecture.
- Document and report all network changes.
- Implement new test procedures and quality standards.
- Maintain and update documentation, to include cut-sheets, parameter sheets, test procedures, Lab Standard Operational Procedure, etc. as needed.
- Identify potential issues and proactively provide solutions to Project Manager.
- Follow test plans with strict attention to detail. Document/analyze results. Produce test result documents suitable for submission to external parties.
- Perform troubleshooting/diagnosis of failed tests and report findings back to Project Manager.
- Analyze and configure network firewalls, routers, and switches (e.g., higher-level protocols, tunneling, etc.).
- Diagnose and quickly resolve network connectivity issues.
- Install or replace network firewalls, routers, and switches.
- Monitor network capacity and performance.
- Perform tuning of network security devices as directed.
- Patch network vulnerabilities to ensure information is safeguarded against outside parties.