Joint Base Andrews, MARYLAND
The network operations manager is responsible for the daily performance and availability of the organization’s network. Analyzes network and recommends upgrades/changes; assesses organization’s current and future network needs. Oversees the daily operations of network staff and records incidents and changes. They are also responsible for strategic planning and implementation, helping ensure that their data center remains ahead of demand in terms of storage space, processing power, and connectivity.
- Plan, direct, maintain and coordinate network installation, maintenance, and operations.
- Manage network team and create troubleshooting and maintenance protocols.
- Select hardware, software, and vendors according to organizational needs and budget.
- Configure, monitor, troubleshoot, and problem solve network problems.
- Maintain and manage tests for Network based disaster recovery programs.
- The successful candidate will also demonstrate the following abilities:
- Independent Decision Making: Uses intelligence, analysis, consistent rationality and objectivity when making decisions; Anticipates consequences of judgments with the ability to work autonomously with little supervision and a high attention to detail and quality.
- Energetic: The ability to find solutions and deliver results within a rapid, fast changing, entrepreneurial, technology-driven culture; Passion for technology and a positive, can-do attitude is a must.
- Adaptability: Capable of adjusting to changing priorities, and possesses the ability to master new technologies in a short period of time.
- Results-Oriented and Data Driven: Must be a data driven decision maker who loves impacting the bottom line and achieves goals with available resources and abilities.
- Communication (written & oral): Must have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to establish, develop and maintain cross-functional business relationships, as well as have excellent presentation and problem-solving skills.
- There are several key measurements of success this employee will use to benchmark performance including:
- Ensuring the successful completion of Projects through proactive communication, planning and reporting.
- Supporting Senior Management through insightful reporting and analysis.
- Advancing the productivity of the team through skilled planning, research, and operational efficiencies.
- Minimum Secret Clearance
- IAT II (required)
- 1-2 years’ experience (required)
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university (preferred)
- Relevant technical and/or functional certifications (preferred)
- PMP Certification (preferred)