Washington, DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA
Collaboration, innovation, hunger and sustainability: these are the hallmark issues shaping Federal government initiatives today. TELESIS’ Federal practice is passionate about making an impact with lasting change. We collaborate with teams from across our organization to bring the full breadth of TELESIS to support our clients. Our aspiration is to be the premier integrated solutions provider in helping to transform the Federal marketplace. As a NOC Technician you will be an integral part of operations for our Client’s Network Operations Center. The NOC Technician is responsible for monitoring outages as they occur and performing research and troubleshooting to either resolve issues or escalate as needed. The NOC Technician is expected to maintain current knowledge of all infrastructure and supporting technologies and its significance to the federal Client in the District of Columbia.
- Ensure that all day-to-day operational activities are carried out in a timely, efficient and reliable way.
- Register and classify and prioritize received incidents and undertake an immediate effort in order to restore a failed IT service as quickly as possible. Escalate to 2nd level support when an issue cannot be solved immediately.
- Identify operational impact and communicate timely responses to customer and support staff.
- Notify customer of third-party service providers of issues, outages and remediation status.
- Accurately document all actions taken within the ticketing system.
- Work with stakeholders to enable SolarWinds monitoring for their respective applications and network/server equipment and escalate the issues to the proper groups.
- Proactively identify potential issues before service interruptions occur utilizing various tools and applications available.
- Create problem tickets for recurring incidents/events using information collected.
- Analyze logs and generate performance reports through various tools.
- Work with technical team and create or update knowledge base articles.
- Support and provide O&M for the NOC SolarWinds environment.
- Directs and compiles information related to a critical event. Routinely prepares root cause analysis documents and reports.
- Interfaces with IT leads to ensure proper escalation during outages or periods of degraded system performance.
- Provides quality assurance review and the evaluation of new and existing software products.
- Adhere to best practices for incident and trouble management, risk assessment, and conflict resolution to minimize network impacts and customer impacts related to any release, change, or incident/problem.
- Establish and monitor KPIs driving quality and process improvements and other measurements directly affecting the customer experience.
- Support a 24 x 5 environment with high uptime requirements. Provide on-call support after hours as needed.
- Successful completion of Government Public Trust background investigation.
- Must be US Citizen
- 1-3 years of hands-on operational experience as a NOC analyst/engineer in a Network Operations Center.
- Solid knowledge of TCP/IP protocols, services, networking, and security.
- 1-2 years of experience monitoring a datacenter environment such as tracking energy consumption, humidity, and temperature attributes.
- Excellent ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time and tasks effectively.
- Excellent teamwork, interpersonal, organizational, oral, communication and customer service skills.
- The ideal candidate will have a (Preferred) technical background with significant previous experience in an enterprise environment with the following:
- Knowledge of common network tools (e.g., ping, traceroute, nslookup).
- SolarWinds monitoring: 1-2 years
- Intermediate knowledge of Cisco Catalyst and Client Virtual Connect switches.
- Intermediate experience working with VMware ESXi deployments. (desired)
- Comprehensive knowledge of interdependencies of IT Infrastructure including but not limited to Network, Hardware, Virtualization, SAN, Database, Applications, and Security. (desired)
- Experience with generating reports and searching logs using Splunk. (desired)
- Comprehensive understanding of network services and operating system (Windows/Unix) ports, protocols, and services.
- SolarWinds agent deployment to Linux and Windows 2-3 years (preferred)
- SolarWinds installation and configuration from a NOC: 2-3 years (preferred)
- Experience tuning monitors and configuring advanced alerts within SolarWinds Orion. (preferred)
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, information technology, or related field.
- Certifications (one of more of the following) preferred:
- ITIL Qualified (Foundation)
- Network+ and/or Security+
- MCSA (desired)
- CCNA (trained)