Washington, DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA
Job Role / Responsibilities:
- The ideal candidate will possess a minimum of 5-7 years’ experience in the field of network engineering and/or network support.
- Primary responsibilities will include internal and external customer network management and network design for mobile IP connectivity.
- Additional responsibilities include:
- Review and optimization of existing networks
- Network documentation
- Integration of new IP converged mobile
- Fixed network applications.
- Candidate should have strong fundamental understanding of IP networks coupled with the ability to integrate innovative solutions for new technologies and complex deployment and configuration requirements.
- Experience configuring and managing Cisco ASA firewalls. Experience configuring and managing Cisco 2900, 3500, 3700, 6500 and 7200 series switches and routers.
- Experience with AAA (LDAP and Radius) Cisco Client and Client Server
- Experiencing facilitating data connections into into cloud providers such as Microsoft Azure and Amazon AWS
- Experience with IPAM / DNS management.
- Experience with load balancers such as Citrix Netscaler
- Experience managing Cisco lightweight Client & WLC
- Experience with SSL, IPSec, and PPTP VPN clients. Experience with network diagnostic tools including Wireshark/Ethereal, and TCP dump.
- Experience with network management platforms (Open View, OpenNMS, Solarwinds, or Cacti) and SNMP/RMON/RRD.
- Experience with network and site documentation and requirements engineering. Hands-on experience with Visio.
- Experience with network security analysis tools including Snort and NMAP.
- Experience with Cisco IPS, IDS, and ADS hardware as well as local and remote syslog configuration and analysis.
- Must be able to articulate design requirements and effectively communicate with project management and customers.
- PC server and desktop hardware experience is a plus, but not required.
- Must have excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills and demonstrated use of initiative and organizational abilities.
- Develop and maintain detailed documentation, including installation, configuration and operations procedures.
- Ability to work with team in evolving application infrastructure architecture and make recommendations for improvements
- Minimum 5-7 years of relevant experience
- Bachelor Degree
- CCNA/CCNP/CSSP certification is a plus