Aberdeen Proving Ground, MARYLAND
Installs, configures, tests, operates, maintains, and manages networks and their firewalls, including hardware (e.g., hubs, bridges, switches, multiplexers, routers, cables, proxy servers, and protective distributor systems) and software that permit the sharing and transmission of all spectrum transmissions of information to support the security of information and information systems.
- Configure and optimize network firewalls, routers, and switches (e.g., higher-level protocols, tunneling, etc.).
- Diagnose and quickly resolve network connectivity issues.
- Expand or modify network infrastructure to serve new purposes or improve work flow.
- Implement new system design procedures, test procedures, and quality standards.
- Install and maintain network infrastructure device operating system software (e.g., IOS, firmware, etc.).
- Install or replace network firewalls, routers, and switches.
- Integrate new systems into existing network architecture.
- Monitor network capacity and performance.
- Perform tuning of network security devices as directed by engineering.
- Patch network vulnerabilities to ensure information is safeguarded against outside parties.
- Provide feedback on network requirements, including network architecture and infrastructure.
- Test and maintain network infrastructure including software and hardware devices.
- Produce detailed network diagrams accurately depicting network architecture.
- Document and report all network changes.
- Maintain required IA baseline and computing environment (CE) certifications in compliance with DoD 8750 IAT Level II.
- Secret Clearance
- Active CCNA Certification
- Active Security+ CE certification
- Minimum 2-3 years' experience as a network engineer.
- Knowledge of IT security principles and methods, such as firewalls, demilitarized zones, and encryption.
- Knowledge of remote access technology concepts.
- Knowledge of Voice over IP (VoIP).
- Knowledge of web filtering technologies.
- Skill in analyzing network traffic capacity and performance characteristics.
- Skill in configuring and utilizing hardware-based computer protection components (e.g., hardware firewalls, servers, routers, as appropriate).
- Skill in configuring and utilizing network protection components (e.g., Firewalls, VPNs, network intrusion detection systems).
- Skill in implementing, maintaining, and improving established network security practices.
- Skill in installing, configuring, and troubleshooting LAN and WAN components such as routers, firewalls, and switches.
- Skill in protecting a network against malware.
- Skill in securing network communications.
- Skill in using network management tools to analyze network traffic patterns (e.g., simple network management protocol).
- Monday – Friday; Shifts between 0600 – 2200
- On-Call: After hours on call will be shared and on a "rotational " basis.