Aberdeen Proving Ground, MARYLAND
NETWORK OPERATIONS CENTER (NOC) ADMINISTRATOR to provide system and network operations support in a 24×7 NOC environment. This position is responsible for monitoring, Tier-I and Tier-II diagnostics support, and escalation of operational issues including triage and information gathering for support recourses and establishment of communications. This includes hardware and applications and will leverage standard & custom tools and techniques to identify solutions to system and client issues.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITES & REQUIREMENTS:
- Hold active US Government Secret clearance.
- High School diploma required; prefer Associates Degree or higher
- Military background preferred
- NOC experience a plus
- Linux experience preferred
- Working knowledge of Satellite Communications Baseband, Network Management, modem systems equipment to include VSAT (Very Small Aperture Terminal), Earth station/Teleport, Broadcast and RF Uplink/Downlink chain
- Knowledge of internet based network connectivity principles and implementation
- Thorough understanding of and ability to use System Engineering processes
- Good team player, facilitator and leader
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Self-Starter with a high level of personal accountability
ESSENTIAL / PRIMARY DUTIES, FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITES:
- Monitor networks, servers and applications utilizing custom & industry standard tools.
- Serve as an initial responder within the Network Operations Center in notifying, identifying, troubleshooting and resolving systems issues.
- Provide Tier-1 thru Tier-2 support of operational issues including network, hardware and software.
- Assess the need to and efficiently escalate incidents to Tier-3 Engineering support.
- Establish, assign and manage workflow via customer web-based portal.
- Provision satellite configuration data for transceivers and provide mission critical satellite data to customers.
- Perform regular system maintenance.
- Create, develop and maintain documentation on system design, architecture and processes.
- Ability to demonstrate a sense of urgency while acting in a calm and professional manner ensuring excellent customer support.
- Provide 24x7x365 staff rotation within the NOC.
- Effectively communicate situation reports to team counterparts ensuring accuracy and attention to detail.
- Respond to alerts and critical information requirements as necessary.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL EFFORT
- No regular travel required.
- Must be able to work with a very diverse team.
- Must be able to work a rotating shift.
COMMUNICATIONS / INTERPERSONAL CONTACTS
- Able to work with people via email or telephone, or other means of communication, and calmly extract knowledge of the issue to determine real root of problem.
- Interpret and/or discuss information with others, which involves terminology or concepts not familiar to many people; regularly provide advice and recommend actions involving rather complex issues.
- Experience supporting customer calling in with problems (telephonic).
- Very outgoing personality, must work well in a team environment.