Washington, DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA
Support all aspects of the FCC’s IT Infrastructure by delivering and maintaining a robust, flexible, secure, and efficient technology portfolio while tracking all efforts performed in the FCC’s IT Service Management System.
- Provide network and infrastructure management and operations support, tracking all work in FCC’s ITSM system.
- Responsible for preventative and corrective maintenance within Sensitive Compartmented Information Facilities (SCIFs).
- Perform routine operational maintenance for the HFDF facility at least once a week during its normal business hours unless otherwise coordinated with the HFDF director in advance to change the weekly schedule or hours of Contractor performance.
- Implement and maintain the approved SOPs for HFDF Center Support.
- Provide cybersecurity support.
- Coordinate with the Chief Information Security Officer (CISO) and other security personnel as per FCC policy and procedures.
- Manage and support firewalls (internal and external) located in Gettysburg, DC, and Cloud Services (i.e. Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, and others). Includes creating, modifying rules, upgrading, and troubleshooting issues.
- Manage and support Network Access Control (NAC) across HQ and Gettysburg. Work closely with NSOC and other teams on supporting and updating services.
- Deploy security patches in accordance with FCC patching guidelines and within required and approved time frames.
- Respond to Federal Information Security Modernization Act (FISMA) documentation requests to include, at a minimum, FCC/GSS and FCC Net GSS within specified time frames.
- Attend vulnerability and plan of action and milestones (POAM) meetings and remediating vulnerabilities and POAMs that are assigned to the team.
- Assist with the operation and maintenance of security tools (e.g., Tanium, Splunk, etc.) (OS and below only).
- Coordinate with the security team to clearly define the security and O&M functions of security tools (e.g., Firewalls, FireEye, Bluecoat, IronPort, etc.).
- Follow FCC Incident response procedures in accordance to United States Computer Emergency Readiness Team (USCERT) and National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) guidelines.
- Follow Change Control procedures.
- Follow FCC architectural guidelines and standards.
- Follow configuration management procedures.
- Respond to FCC audit requirements.
- Document FCC processes in policies, procedures, inventories, and architecture diagrams.
- Complete FCC mandated user awareness training and specialized user awareness training.
- Follow FCC procedures on account creation, maintenance, and disposal.
- Follow FCC Cybersecurity Policy.
- Follow FCC baseline configurations.
- Notify FCC security of exemptions to Policy and procedures and obtaining approval before deviation.
- Adhere to the NIST, FISMA, FCC, and other Industry accepted standards.
- Provide Auctions Program Support; complete all checklists, procedures, and processes as per the Auction Program Support SOP.
- Implement and maintain approved auction support SOPs, checklists, and forms.
- Provide COOP and disaster recovery (DR) support; manage COOP related activities immediately upon notification by executing the COOP plan and checklists.
- Must possess active TS/SCI
- Strong analytical skills and ability to perform Linux Administrator activities on a large program.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to perform Solaris Administrator activities on a large program.
- 5-7 Years Relevant experience
- Bachelor’s in Information Technology or relevant area
- Monday – Friday; 0600 – 1800