***This position is contingent upon award of contract.***
TELESIS Inc. is seeking an experienced Lead Data Scientist to join the team at MacDill AFB in support of United States Special Operations Command (USSOCOM) For Special Operations Forces (SOF) Enterprise Data Science Team (DST).
- Data Scientists formulate and lead guided, multifaceted analytic studies against large volumes of data. Data Scientists will perform the following:
- Interpret and analyze data using exploratory mathematic and statistical techniques based on the scientific method.
- Coordinate research and analytic activities utilizing various data points (unstructured and structured) and employ programming to clean, massage, and organize the data.
- Experiment against data points, provide information based on experiment results and provide previously undiscovered solutions to command data challenges.
- Lead all data experiments tasked by the DST Team OIC.
- Coordinate with Data Engineers to build Data environments providing data identified by Data Analysts, Data Integrators, Knowledge Managers, and Client Analysts.
- Current Top Secret clearance and eligible for SCI access and ACCM read-on.
- Proficient with one or more programming languages:
- Demonstrated experience applying data science methods to real-world data problems.
- Master’s degree or Bachelor’s degree in Operations Research, Industrial Engineering, Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, Computer Science, or related fields.