Aberdeen Proving Ground, MARYLAND
We are a driven team with a history of success and exceeding expectations! We offer remote flexibility, but due to the nature of our work we need team members within reasonable driving distance one of the above locations.
Responsibilities and Deliverables:
- Utilize various DevOps tools (e.g., GitLab, Terraform, Ansible, Docker, Kubernetes, etc.).
- Develop Infrastructure as Code (IAAC) on Cloud and on-prem environments.
- Use your expertise to improve/eliminate manual task – Jinja, APIs and ingesting data into pipelines as artifacts.
- Utilize your deep knowledge with Terraform, Ansible and Hybrid Environments (Cloud and on-prem)
- Ensure CNCF and best practices are followed
- Lead Strategically and make mindful decisions with your strong technical expertise in AWS IaaC – Governance, Network, Security, Identity, Computer, Storage, Backup & DR, Monitoring and Automation.
- Running infrastructure on-prem to support automation (Gitlab, Prometheus, KeyCloak, and Elastic)
- 10-15 years of experience in a consulting/architecture position with a software and/or services company.
- B.S. degree in a technical field (Computer Science, Electronics Engineering or other Engineering or Technical discipline
- Ability to work with a small team locally, including remote team members.
- Experience with Linux (Ubuntu) and Windows (2012r2) VMs moving forward
- Experience with Cloud or virtualization (AWS, VMWare, Hyper-V/Azure).
- Experience developing automation and orchestration tools.
- Familiarity with database concepts and SQL.
- Python experience and experience with advanced coding.
- Strong technical expertise in AWS IaaC – Governance, Network, Security, Identity, Compute, Storage, Backup & DR, Monitoring and Automation.
- Understanding of PaaS and DevOps solutions is a must.
- Hands-on experience in POC and production deployments is required in Cloud AWS.
- Experience managing DevOps tools including
- Continuous Integration services.
- Continuous delivery services.
- GIT repository maintenance.
- Proven track record of building deep technical relationships with senior IT executives and growing data services in large or highly strategic accounts.
- Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort with both large and small audiences (Senior Executives, IT management, and developers).
Education and Certifications:
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Computer Science or related STEM field.
- Proficient knowledge of AWS is preferred.
- Active Secret Clearance. Candidates must have or be able to obtain a Secret Clearance.