Joint Base Andrews, MARYLAND
Joint Base Andrews, MD
Schedule: 8 hour shifts between 0600-1800
Telesis Corporation is sourcing for a Jr. Desktop Support Technician in support of the ANGRC IT Services Contract (AITSC). This contract will provide IT engineering, operations, maintenance, customer service, and training services to support the ANGRC and alternate locations which are classified and within one day travel of ANGRC. The contractor is responsible for ensuring the ongoing availability and effectiveness of ANGRC IT services to the end users across the campus. This requirement also encompasses support of services in the event of a Continuity of Operations (COOP) activation or exercise.
Installs, troubleshoots, and repairs personal computers, virtual desktops, tablets, laptops and peripherals. Resolves problems and ensures correct operation of personal computers. Maintains parts inventory and logs all service/repair activity. Works independently within established procedures associated with the End User Provisioning team.
- Monitor ANGRC networks and systems and initiate requests through the ANGRC COR as needed to provide appropriate equipment spares (at Government expense) to return covered systems, networks, and servers to operational capability.
- Replace obsolete components or non-supported equipment at the Government's expense based on Government direction.
- Track and report consumption usage of spare and repair parts to the ANGRC COR.
- Installations and upgrades
- Provide deployment services to the user environment for IT hardware.
- Ensure compliance with all security requirements associated with hardware and software implementation and maintenance.
- Install (including assemble, setup, configure, and test) identified system components and new configurations. Systems components identified in the technical solutions and implementation plan may include: desktop, server, appliance, mission directed, and network software and hardware.
- Complete upgrades and additions to existing hardware successfully
- Coordinate installations, changes, and moves of hardware and software with appropriate ANGRC TPOC.
- End User Provisioning
- Adding and configuring new computing devices and peripherals
- Setting up and maintaining administrator accounts
- Installing system-wide software IAW the BASS that complies with security policy/procedures and using automated packaging whenever possible.
- File management, including management, backup, and restoral of shared drive resources
- Allocating and managing storage space.
- Monitoring all desktop systems to load and verify software and patches and to provide system metrics as requested.
- Performing preventive maintenance.
- Diagnosing, repairing, upgrading, replacing or adjusting defective, broken, and damaged components.
- Installing existing software for individual PCs, workstations, clients, etc. Existing software is software where the Government owns license or rights to install and operate. Purchase of new copies of existing software shall be considered existing software. Existing software must have Air Force Network (AFNET) approval before installation. Purchase of new titles shall not be considered existing software.
- Upgrading existing client software and operating systems as new releases are available and approved for installation.
Security Clearance: Secret
- IAT Level II Certification required ( Security + CE, CCNA Security, CySA+, GICSP, GSEC, SSCP)
- 1-2 years of experience
Additional Skills and Qualifications:
- Associate Degree in Computer Science or other relevant technical discipline preferred