Aberdeen Proving Ground, MARYLAND
The Infrastructure Administrator will provide Tier II technical support for external and internal customers within the organization. They will also provide workstation and server administration for our Microsoft 2012R2 / 2016 Active Directory environment. They will work individually, actively participate on integrated teams and provide detailed reports to management. They oversee and monitor performance, and when required, take steps to resolve issues.
- Provides first and second level helpdesk support which includes receiving calls, opening, logging, and resolving helpdesk tickets, addressing issues that can be quickly resolved and escalating trouble tickets to the appropriate resource.
- Effectively prioritizes calls to ensure those that have greatest impact on the business are resolved first.
- Provides detailed analysis and feedback to management, escalated technicians, and internal customers for all escalated tickets.
- Seeks support from the Service Delivery Lead and or Supervisor for calls/tickets that pass their due dates, or where more experience is required in resolving an issue/request.
- Promptly report all equipment or system anomalies.
- Provides user account administration, i.e., account creation and management and password resets on Active Directory.
- Provides user level support for domain resources, i.e., workstations, laptops, thin/zero clients, printers, Cisco VoIP phones, Virtual systems, Microsoft applications, and custom applications.
- Isolates and resolves hardware and software problems involving the applications, the operating system, the hardware, the communications infrastructure, or any combination thereof.
- Provides in-depth experience in trouble-shooting IT systems; configures and manages Windows (or other applicable) operating systems and installs operating system software as directed.
- Troubleshoots, maintains integrity of server and client components, along with implementing operating systems enhancements to improve reliability and performance.
- Performs systems administration of desktop and server systems connected to local and wide area networks.
- Desktop system management responsibilities involve account monitoring, security, Operating System (OS) installation, and other local area system administration related functions.
- Provides support for completing monthly maintenance of all IT systems.
- Work independently or with other team members as directed or required.
- Part of on-call rotation.
- Performing other related duties as assigned.
- Secret Clearance
- Required VCP 6.0
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced work environment and ability to work alone.
- Minimum 2-3 years' experience in a Help Desk Support position.
- Minimum 1-2 years' experience of VDI/Windows/ticketing Systems.
- Minimum 1-2 years' experience of Microsoft Enterprise Applications, Servers and Windows client machines.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task.
- Self-motivated and directed, able to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers and other employees via face to face communication, over the telephone or through email.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities, with keen attention to detail.
- Strong customer-service orientation.
- Working technical knowledge of current networking protocols, operating systems, and technology standards.
- The candidate must have a car and a valid drivers' license, as this position requires after hour support.
- Monday – Friday; 8 hour shifts between 0600 – 2200
- On-Call: After hours on call will be shared and on a "rotational” basis.