Joint Base Andrews, MARYLAND
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collects data on a continuing basis utilizing a variety of sources and systems
- Reviews and examines all data from customer’s tickets and provides metrics; reports any problems found and makes recommendations.
- Use the Help Desk software to track and record all transactions
- Create and maintain training materials for common workflow and issues
- Maintain knowledge base records of solutions to known issues
- Collects and merges data from databases and spreadsheets to display into other formats.
- Perform data functions in Excel including Pivot and Lookup tables.
- Utilize industry standard best practices for problem solving
- Research and investigate alternate solutions from various sources when necessary
- Request assistance from or escalate issues to appropriate internal or external resource
- Understand and perform basic PC peripheral installations as needed.
- Perform Software installations both general and complex.
- Runs various mathematical calculations to determine how the data metrics might best be applied to improve program activities.
- Analyzes and reports on trends in data collected.
- Assists staff in resolving complaints in data and customer service problems.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Respond to requests for technical assistance in person, via phone, electronically, in a timely manner
- Ability to patiently listen and understand the clients issue or concern
- Use appropriate judgment to identify, prioritize and escalate issues requiring urgent attention
- Regularly communicate status of resolution with clients
- Ensure the issue has been solved and properly train client where appropriate
The successful candidate will also demonstrate the following abilities:
- Independent Decision Making: Uses intelligence, analysis, consistent rationality and objectivity when making decisions; Anticipates consequences of judgments with the ability to work autonomously with little supervision and a high attention to detail and quality.
- Energetic: The ability to find solutions and deliver results within a rapid, fast changing, entrepreneurial, technology-driven culture; Passion for technology and a positive, can-do attitude is a must.
- Adaptability: Capable of adjusting to changing priorities, and possesses the ability to master new technologies in a short period of time.
- Results-Oriented and Data Driven: Must be a data driven decision maker who loves impacting the bottom line and achieves goals with available resources and abilities.
- Communication (written & oral): Must have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to establish, develop and maintain cross-functional business relationships, as well as have excellent presentation and problem-solving skills.
Measurements of Success
There are several key measurements of success this employee will use to benchmark performance including:
- Improving the effectiveness of the Customer Support Team through relevant analysis, planning and reporting.
- Supporting Senior Management through insightful reporting and analysis.
- Advancing the productivity of the team through skilled planning, research, and operational efficiencies.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university and a minimum of two years’ related experience; or other equivalent combination of education and/or experience which meet the minimum qualifications requirement. Such experience may have been gained in administrative, professional, technical, investigative or other related work.
Job Type: Full-time
- 2-5 years