Aberdeen Proving Ground, MARYLAND
Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD
Shift Work: Yes
On-Call: After hours on call will be shared and on a "rotational basis.
Schedule: 0600 1400 or 1400-2200 (M-F)
The Infrastructure Administrator must display strong team work with the ability to work independently and actively participate on integrated teams. The primary responsibilities include Tier I&II technical support for external and internal customers and provide workstation and server administration for the organization’s Microsoft 2012R2 / 2016 and Windows 10 environment. In this role you will oversee and monitor host, storage and virtual machine performance, and take steps to resolve issues.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Provide helpdesk support including receiving calls, opening, logging, and resolving helpdesk tickets.
- Provide user support for desktop infrastructure
- Monitor Data Center architecture, investigate any issues observed, and resolve issues
- Work with Data Center Engineer team to resolve issues and escalate as-needed.
- Provides user account administration, i.e., account creation and management and password resets on Active Directory
- Provides user level support for domain resources, i.e., workstations, laptops, thin/zero clients, printers, Cisco VoIP phones, Virtual systems, Microsoft applications, and 3rd party applications
- Isolates and resolves hardware and software problems involving the applications, the operating system, the hardware, the communications infrastructure, or any combination thereof
- Install and configure operating systems and software as directed
- Performed monthly maintenance of the datacenter architecture
- Performing other related duties as assigned
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- VCP 6.0 Required within 6mo of hire
- Security+ CE certification
- 2+ years of helpdesk experience
- 2+ years of desktop experience
- 2+ years of experience in a virtualized environment
- Experience with Domain Controller components
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced work environment and ability to work alone.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task.
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers and other employees via face to face communication, over the telephone or through email.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong customer-service orientation
- Understanding of current networking protocols, operating systems, and technology standards.