San Antonio, TEXAS
Telesis Inc. is seeking an experienced Help Desk Support Service Specialist to join the team at U.S Army Signal Regional Network Enterprise Center, Joint Base San Antonio-Fort Sam Houston, Texas.
Highlights of Responsibilities:
- Provide support to interoperable and integrated standard common user office automation desktop software as approved for use by the Army Golden Master program.
- Provide on-site desktop, software, and peripheral support for NIPRNET and SIPRNET customers; priority support for command staff, unit control center, and directors; report significant outages and/or customer issues to appropriate management personnel.
- Resolve desktop problems via Remote Control; assist with IAVA remediation.
- Install, configure, troubleshoot, relocate, and repair desktops, Personal Digital Assistant, wireless devices (e.g BlackBerry, Android, IPhones), mobile phones and printers.
- Identify network problems impacting users and work with appropriate Tier II or III administrators to quickly restore optimum service.
- Provide a weekly report on the age of tickets currently in the queue, most common problem reported during the week, average time to close a ticket by technician, average time to close a ticket by type, and average time to close a ticket by week and by month.
- Experience with remote connection and troubleshooting using Microsoft Systems Center Configuration Manager.
- In-depth knowledge of the most recent version of Microsoft Operating System, Microsoft Office applications (e.g. Win10, Microsoft Office Professional 2013), and other common desktop applications such as Adobe Acrobat, Active Client, etc.; ability to quickly learn unique GOTS applications.
- Project a positive image and professional manner at all times; ability to work within the confines of a set time schedule.
- Knowledge and experience communicating desktop support concepts to technical and non-technical personnel.
- Ability to develop technical documents and produce system design documentation.
- IAT Level II baseline certification required.
- Computer Environment Certificate in Windows 10 is required.
- The ability to provide IT technical support for customers traveling or Tele-working (computer and wireless devices).