Fort Lee, VIRGINIA
Location: Fort Lee, VA
PURPOSE of POSITION:
The Service Technician provides technical product support to customers via inbound/escalated calls, emails, chat, etc., by handling inquiries and troubleshooting complex technical product-related issues. The Service Technician investigates issues and concerns by reviewing initial support notes and gathering additional information from customer. The Service Technician updates the tracking system of incident logs and may convey customer feedback to management. The Service Technician escalates extremely technical or sophisticated issues to the next level up or as high as management. The Service Technician conducts routine tasks as directed and is closely supervised with little latitude for independent judgment. The Service Technician requires the ability to listen, analyze, document, resolve and/or escalate issues while providing excellent customer service skills to Department of Defense end users.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- 70%: Provides first line support for system-based access issues and reporting questions through the use of phone, email and chat. This involves explaining procedures, providing information and answering questions related to relevant lines of business.
- 20%: Monitors tickets that are assigned and process based on priority. Customer follow up may be needed.
- 10%: Maintains knowledge of all service tasks and lines of business.
HS Graduate or GED
Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
Type of Credentials/Licenses: Certified at a minimum Level II IAW DoD 8570.01M (i.e., Security+),
Clearance level required: Must have fully adjudicated Public Trust level clearance or higher
Related Work Experience: 0-2 years
Work experience / skills / abilities required to perform the job effectively.
• Minimum of six months of customer service experience
• Knowledge of common operating systems (e.g., Windows 10), applications (Office Suite, SharePoint), personal computing hardware and peripheral devices.
• Must be able to multi-task by using multiple systems and typing 35-40 WPM, while talking on the phone
• Ability to independently research and troubleshoot issues.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Strong customer service skills
• New Hires must be available to work a variety of shifts between the hours of 6:00 A.M – 9:00 P.M EST
• Accountability and Asset Management experience
• Previous Help Desk or Call Center experience
• Experience using remote support tools (e.g., Bomgar, Dameware)
• Experience using Knowledge Management Software
• Associate's Degree
This position is an individual contributor and has no supervisory responsibilities. Provides functional expertise through day-to-day work tasks. Works under the supervision of management.