Fort Carson, COLORADO
Customer Support Technician
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Adhere and understand the MCSC Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
- Adhere and understand all site specific policies and procedures.
- Assist personnel in the field with troubleshooting platform and network issues.
- Document all helpdesk customer contact via an MCSC Trouble Ticket within the MCSC FSC to include detailed issues reported, who reported the issue, unit with the issue, location and complete history of issue being worked.
- Monitor network capabilities, functions and performance via all means as provided by PM Mission Command such as diagnostic tools, monitor systems, individual platforms, or data supplied by other sources and create trouble tickets on all issues observed.
- Maintain and monitor local hardware and equipment and report any malfunctions to the MCSC Site Lead and Operations Lead
- Save and complete electronic data logs entries daily in the absence of create a paper log entry.
- Perform network troubleshooting as required based on direction from the MCSC Chief Engineer of Operations, Deputy Chief Engineer, Operations Lead, Site Leads and Shift leads working the issue based on current situational requirements.
- Escalate issues not capable of being corrected to the appropriate personnel.
- Perform check on the government supplied Radiant Mercury cross domain server.
- Act as liaison with local command and field personnel for briefings, administrative actions, and providing data back to PM MC.
- Perform any other duties, not directly specified in this job description, as directed by Management.
- Receive contact from customers via any and all of the following means NIPR/SIPR E-Mail, Voice (Voip/SVoIP), Chat, System Messaging (Free Text).
- Verify users are a trusted user with the Mission Command Support Center (MCSC) and provide information on how to establish a trusted user relationship in the event the user is not a trusted user.
- Collect data to access the issue being reported and enter the information into the appropriate Trouble ticketing system, information collected will contain but not be limited to, Device Types, Software, Components being utilized, and Transceiver Types.
- Provide the customer basic troubleshooting steps that can be performed in order to assist in correcting the issue. Upon steps not correcting the issue the issue is escalated to the appropriate Tier 2 Support.
- Track and prioritize issues that are detected and reported, continue following up with a reported issue until it has been resolved. Escalate the issue to Tier 2 Support for further assistance and ensure notifications are sent to management.
- Handle and forward all requests from customers to Tier 2/Tier 3 and Management for service such as DDS, C2R, CPOF Reachback and other various request.
- Possess Security + Certificate
- Possess a Secret Clearance
- Possess 1-2 years of Helpdesk Support Experience
- Possess an Associate Degree in Information Technology or equivalent experience
- Ability to work with Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, Power Point).
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Flexibility to work any of the 3 available shifts which include Morning, Day and Nights as well as major holidays
- Understanding of the OSI model basic concepts
- Ability to work with people via email or telephone and calmly extract knowledge of the issue to determine real root of problem
- Must be able to work with a very diverse team