Aberdeen Proving Ground, MARYLAND
Aberdeen Proving Grounds, MD
Employee Type: Engineer
Schedule: 0800 1600 (M-F)
Remote work: No
TheAzure cloud engineerwill work closely with the Telesis Team to support Azure cloud infrastructure administration. The Administrator working with the Telesis Engineering Team, is responsible for overseeing and managing the operational integrity of the Azure cloud infrastructure. This position will include incorporating and building systems in the Azure cloud environment to be utilized across a tactical environment.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Virtualized environment management and configuration. This includes VM deployment, VM storage, VM networking and general VM troubleshooting.
- Server installation and configuration.
- Configuration and management of system services to include DNS, DHCP, IIS, AD DS and Group Policy.
- System checks and maintenance to include patch management, application updates, replication, local storage and web server functionality.
- Active Directory management and troubleshooting. This includes account creation, disabling of accounts upon employee exit, group membership and AD replication.
- Maintain required IA baseline and computing environment (CE) certifications in compliance with DoD 8750 IAT Level II
- Oversees service requests, incidents and escalation of problems. Manages and coordinates urgent and complicated support issues. Acts as an escalation point for all requests and incidents. Develops and matures phone/ticket escalation processes to ensure free flowing escalation and information within the organization. Determine root cause of issues and communicates appropriately to internal and external customers.
- Oversees Solutions repository and ensures top quality solutions are available to the staff. Develops an effective and workable framework for managing and improving customer IT support in the organization. Advises management on situations that may require additional client support or escalation.
- Manages process for communicating outage/emergency activities to the organization.
- Install, configure, automate, and monitor various cloud services
- Maintains and manages a repository of scripts to be used by the Azure Engineering team.
- Work closely with a team of architects, engineers, and developers to create functional design specifications, Azure reference architectures, and assist with other project deliverables as needed.
- Design state-of-the-art technical solutions on Azure that address customer’s requirements for scalability, reliability, security, and performance
- Performs other duties or responsibilities as needed or assigned
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- 3+ years of experience as a Systems Engineer or System Administrator is preferred
- 2+ year of experience with VMware vCenter and VMware
- Required Security+ CE
- General knowledge of virtualization, cloud computing
- Experience administering/supporting Windows and Linux systems running in Azure
- Knowledge of Microsoft Azure virtual network appliances
- Experience with automation scripting or coding (Powershell ..NET, C#)
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced work environment and ability to work alone.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task.
- Attention to detail and troubleshooting experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in writing documentation and TTPs to be used internally and external to customers.
- Ability to brief upper management on recommendations, solutions and issues seen both internally and in the production environment.
- Strong Performance Consulting skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Highly skilled in Needs Analysis
- Highly skilled in Instructional Design
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Highly skilled in time management and organizational skills
- Demonstrates high quality communication and solid relationship-building abilities within a matrixed organization; able to adapt to change and work through conflicts while persuasively influencing outcomes
- Experience with Active Directory including managing/maintaining several domains
- Knowledge of Windows operating systems
- Knowledge of backup and disaster recovery processes