Aberdeen Proving Ground, MARYLAND
Primary Location:USA Aberdeen Proving Ground, Maryland
Responsibilities and Deliverables:
- Drive all technical and automated solutions design for both existing architectures and new, green-field solutions.
- Develop operational processes as well as build and evolve application platforms with the objective of moving application frameworks toward cloud-based resources where they can be clearly seen to offer an advantage over existing systems.
- Pick up new API's as you are presenting to peers and senior executive audiences.
- Lead and guide application development teams through the design and execution of new applications development as well as remediation and extension of previously developed code.
- Identify industry best practices and draft standards for design and implementation of continuous delivery, integration pipelines, and automation workflows.
- Hands-on experience architecting, engineering, and managing cloud solutions on Google, AWS and/or Azure. GCP-specific experience includes App Engine, Compute, Kubernetes, REST API, Bigtable.
- End-to-end understanding of software development methodologies and tool chains including several of the following: Java, .net, C#, PHP, Python, Angular2/JS, Node, Spring or equivalent frameworks.
- Back-end technologies such as Postgres, MySQL, Oracle, or MS SQL Server.
- Code Management (e.g., Git, Subversion, Bitbucket, Maven, Ant, NuGet, Artifactory, etc.).
- Innate capacity to transition from project to project without skipping a beat.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for coordination across projects and teams.
- Critical thinker with an emphasis on creativity and innovation.
- Strong drive to succeed paired with a continuous hunger to learn.
- Leadership style that empowers others around you.
Education and Certifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field. An additional four (4) years of relevant technical experience may be substituted for the Bachelor's Degree.
- Active Secret Clearance. Candidates must have or be able to obtain and keep a Secret Clearance.
- Azure and/or AWS Cloud Certification(s).