A full-time Certified Tempest Professional (CTP-II) role with benefits is available with Telesis (a Belcan company) in Springfield, VA. In this role, you will conduct and lead TEMPEST testing utilizing approved test procedures that are in accordance with current U.S. Government specifications and the National TEMPEST Standard. You will also support activities will include requirements capture and interpretation, design support, authoring control plans and qualification test procedures, overseeing qualification testing, capturing and analyzing qualification test data and results, and writing qualification test reports.
- A Top Secret with Sensitive Compartmentalized Information Access Security Clearance (TS SCI) or the ability to obtain and maintain one is required.
- You must must be a Certified TEMPEST Professional (Level 2)
Core Duties and Responsibilities
- Setup the Equipment Under Test (EUT) in a shielded enclosure in accordance with U.S. Government Specifications and or approved test plans.
- Understand the intent and proper execution of TEMPEST test methodologies including test setup, test modes, test messages, and signal analysis.
- Conduct TEMPEST tests in accordance with U.S. Government Specifications and/or the approved test plan.
- Record and accurately communicate test results or test related concerns.
- Identify, troubleshooting, and resolve TEMPEST and Emanations Security (EMSEC) related vulnerabilities.
- Work with approved TEMPEST vendors to ensure that any required TEMPEST modifications are performed as required.
- Perform test setup ambient measurements.
- The successful candidate must be highly motivated and possess effective oral/written communication and strong interpersonal/team skills, must be able to coordinate multiple projects while balancing priorities and schedule commitments.
- Capturing and analyzing qualification test data and results and writing qualification test reports.
- TEMPEST support will include working with project teams to evaluate products with respect to NSTISSAM guidance.
- Maintain the Approved Equipment List (AEL) for use by the government customer.
- Microsoft Office skills are required.
Experience and Education
- Military and/or Intelligence Community experience in a relevant technical or Radio Frequency (RF) related field is preferred.
- Associates degree (A. A.) or equivalent from a two-year college or relevant technical school is a plus.
- Six months to one year of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience is also preferred.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee frequently is required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and color vision.